- Cloud platform services, or Platform as a Service (PaaS), are used for applications, and other development, while providing cloud components to software. PaaS basically comprises an IaaS with the addition of “Platform Infrastructure” including OS, DB, Virtual Machines, SAN’s config, etc.
- The benefit to developers such as CDN are to gain with PaaS is a framework we can build upon to develop or customise applications.
- PaaS makes the development, testing, and deployment of applications quick, simple, and cost-effective. With this technology, enterprise operations, or a third-party provider, can manage OSes, virtualisation, servers, storage, networking, and the PaaS software itself. As opposed to IaaS, however, CDN manages the applications.
- Enterprise PaaS provides line-of-business software developers CDN a self-service portal for managing computing infrastructure from centralised IT operations and the platforms that are installed on top of the hardware. The enterprise PaaS can be delivered through a hybrid model that uses both public IaaS and on-premise infrastructure or as a pure private PaaS that only uses the latter.
- Similar to the way in which you might create macros in Excel, PaaS allows you to create applications using software components that are built into the PaaS (middleware). Applications using PaaS inherit cloud characteristic such as scalability, high-availability, multi-tenancy, SaaS enablement, and more. Enterprises benefit from PaaS because it reduces the amount of coding necessary, automates business policy, and helps migrate apps to a hybrid model.
- Virtual Machines (VM) – Virtual replication of unit servers created on top of the Physical servers (Hardware). A customer can purchase their own VM. Typically Hyper-V & VMware are used.
- Clusters of servers – Joining physical servers in parallel for redundancy purposes with auto or manual fail-over, including the latest “High-Availability” clustering techniques.
- Load Balancing – Joining physical servers in parallel for performance increase to produce a scalable “Web Farm” and includes redundancy which are all necessary to run a Web Browser service.
The PaaS is required and can be provided by the customer or by the Data Centre vendor. CDN provides all the Microsoft range of PaaS products and other latest OS Platforms.
C04PTs Platform as a Service (PaaS)
It’s basically the same CO4PTa product offered above, except it is offered to assist agencies provision of platform and utility services in the government marketplace supporting development, testing and production environments except ERP against the relevant Government Standard.